Monday, May 28, 2012

This week's goals {May 27- June 2}

So, last week, I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked.


  • Keep Asher well-fed, clean, and happy.
  • Feed Woody and play with him each evening or morning.
  • Continue to help Asher develop independent sitting and -maybe soon!- crawling
  • Make a menu plan and have dinner at home most nights (without grocery shopping - use up what we have instead)

    • Monday - Taco Chicken
    • Tuesday - Leftover Pizza or White Chicken Enchiladas
    • Wednesday - Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
    • Thursday - Dinner at a friend's
    • Friday - Leftovers


  • Make a date to spend time catching up with some friends this week or next.
  • Go to Thursday evening Bible study - decide on and bring a dish.
  • Finish reading Shepherding a Child's Heart , and begin a new book.
  • Fold and put away clean laundry, maintain clothes and diaper laundry
  • 3 cloth diapers a day.
  • Maintain the house.
  • A few notes about last week: Asher's not as close to crawling as I thought: we need to master sitting first. I was so glad that I got to go to my Thursday night Bible study - it's always refreshing to my soul {and a kick in the pants}. I finished reading Shepherding a Child's Heart and loved it. I'd recommend it to any parent. I think I'll actually read it again, to make sure I remember everything, and maybe even do a review of it at one point. 






    I really tried to get more housework done, but I simply could not get motivated enough to do it. Rather, I spent my time spoiling! entertaining my boy, spending time outside in the nice weather, etc.


    With the introduction of summer's scorching heat, however, we will probably be spending much more time indoors. I'd still like to walk to the library occasionally, but I'll reserve that for cooler days, and try to get more housework done on the hot days.


    Goals for this week:

    • Keep Asher well-fed, clean, and happy.
    • Fold laundry and put it away.
    • Get the house in excellent shape. 
    • Create code names. (Brandon's idea. He's so fun.)
    • Eat dinner at home every night. 
      • Sunday - Dinner at church. 
      • Monday - Chicken Pot Pie
      • Tuesday - Sloppy Joes
      • Wednesday - Tuna Salad Sandwiches
      • Thursday - Leftovers
      • Friday - Chicken Enchiladas
      • Saturday - Leftovers or dinner out 
    • Continue reading my current book. Read 5 chapters.
    • Use cloth diapers more frequently. Update about it next week.
    • Help Brandon with ordering VBS supplies.
    What are your goals for this week? Let me know in the comments!

    Linking up with Organizing Junkie

    No comments:

    Post a Comment