Sunday, May 6, 2012

Goals for the Week - 5/6/12

Here's how I did on my goals last week:
  1. Keep Asher well fed, happy, and clean.
    • Check! 
  2. Feed and water the dog every day.
    • Check!
  3. Have dinner at home every day of the week.
    • Check! We had Tacos, Chicken Spinach Pasta Bake, Taco Corn Fritters, Cowboy Spaghetti, and a Homestyle Bake Chicken meal.  
  4. Go grocery shopping so that I can accomplish number 3.
    • Mhmm. Good and done. 
  5. Make a meal plan for this week before I grocery shop.
    • Check!
  6. Tummy time for Asher twice per day.
    • Mostly. One or two days, only did it once.
  7. 10 minute quiet time, first thing in the morning. 
    • Not exactly. I began this week to make a habit of making the Bible the first thing I read, even if it's only a paragraph. But it wasn't what I would consider a quiet time.
  8. Read to Asher at least once per day.
    • Yep!
  9. Help Brandon take care of youth ministry tasks.
    • We got signed up for camp and paid. Yay! Now just to get all the paperwork turned in on time. 
  10. Keep the house picked up. 
    • I asked Brandon to grade me on this, and he gave me a B- for the week. I know he was being generous. I'll be working on this one especially this week.
  11. Organize 1 closet. 
    • I got started on this project, and made some good headway, but I didn't complete it. I'll work on that this week.
So that's that. 
Here are my goals for this week:
  1. Keep Asher well fed, clean, and happy. 
  2. Go to Asher's 4 month check up - on time or early. Try to be strong for him when he gets shots.
  3. Feed and water the dog every day. Play with him at least 3 days of the week.
  4. Make a meal plan and have dinner at home every night. 
  5. Spend only 1 hour (or less) on the computer every day. 
  6. Read 5 chapters in Shepherding a Child's Heart
  7. Have at least a 5 minute, interruption-free quiet time every day, spending time in the Word and in prayer.
  8. Keep the house picked up, do some deep cleaning.
  9. Finish organizing bathroom closet. 
  10. Get youth camp forms sent out on time.
I like posting my goals on the blog, it gives me some accountability knowing that I'll have to report back next week and let you know how I did. It also helps me to evaluate how well I'm doing in different areas and what I need to work more on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment