Monday, April 30, 2012

Goals Update

You don't need to read this. Really, it's okay. You can just skip merrily along on your way. 

Because it's embarrassing, failure. My accomplished to-do list looks like Patrick's which I posted last week: Nothing? Check. 

It's okay, though. I'm giving myself some grace. I chose a really bad week to suddenly become ambitious about housekeeping. I was only home 2 days this past week: I finished up my internship at Beacon Hill for two days, went to school on Friday, and was otherwise occupied so that I could not accomplish what needed done. 

But I got the important stuff done: I took care of my baby boy and my husband. And kept the dog fed. That should've gone on the list, too. 

Here's what last week's goals looked like:
  1. Get and Keep the kitchen clean
    • This lasted all of two hours.
  2. Do a load of laundry from start to finish each day
    • It's hard to do laundry when you're not home, especially when you have a dryer which won't stop on its own.
  3. Pick up the living areas
    • I did this, it just didn't last.
  4. Keep Asher well-fed, clean, and happy.
    • That one was easy.
  5. Tummy time for Asher 3X per day
    • I think I managed this about once per day, sometimes more frequently.
  6. Read to him twice per day
    • Usually I did at least once per day.
  7. Have a 10 minute quiet time every day.
    • Didn't accomplish this. 
  8. Listen to 7 podcasts.
    • Why? When would I have had time to do that?
  9. Read Chapter 19 of ST, and my books for school.
    • Nope.
  10. Sky High Goal: Organize 2 closets.
    • Not even.
Eh, it's okay. I'm not going to be too hard on myself. I spent time with my husband, loved on my baby, kept the dishes and laundry up to date, and everything else worked itself out just fine. 

However, I'm going to be more realistic in my goal-setting for this week. 

Goals:
  1. Keep Asher well fed, happy, and clean.
  2. Feed and water the dog every day.
  3. Have dinner at home every day of the week.
  4. Go grocery shopping so that I can accomplish number 3.
  5. Make a meal plan for this week before I grocery shop.
  6. Tummy time for Asher twice per day.
  7. 10 minute quiet time, first thing in the morning. 
  8. Read to Asher at least once per day.
  9. Help Brandon take care of youth ministry tasks.
  10. Keep the house picked up. 
  11. Organize 1 closet. 
I'll make more detailed lists for every day, but I won't post them, probably. This list looks accomplish-able. I'll be posting Wednesday about memorizing Scripture, so be sure to tune in! :)

God's Grace and Peace to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment