Monday, April 23, 2012

Goals for the Week

When Money Saving Mom started posting her "10 Weekly Goals" a while back, I was inspired. I even read the comments on her goals posts to see what other women were striving to do.

Patrick! Photo credit here

I've never been good at making goals, or following through with goals for that matter. As a new wife and mother, there's so much that needs to be done around the house, but I have so little motivation! However, the simple act of crossing something off a to-do list feels so good. And crossing everything off a to-do list? That feels... well... I wouldn't know. It probably feels pretty awesome. Maybe I'll find out some day.


Here are my goals for this week:

  1. (Get and) Keep the kitchen clean. 
    • I try to put the dishes away every night and get the kitchen clean so that it's manageable the next day. It works... sometimes.
  2. Do a load of laundry from start to finish each day.
    • I don't mind doing laundry. I hate folding laundry. I hate putting laundry away. 
  3. Pick up the living areas 
    • 5 minute pick up for each room: kitchen, dining room, living room [and bedroom if the Lord grants me such a blessng ;].
  4. Keep Asher well fed, clean, and happy.
    • This is my easy cross-off item. 
  5. Tummy time for Asher 3X per day
    • To strengthen his neck and back muscles. He doesn't like it, and gets mad, but he gets so close to trying to crawl (if he could only get his chunky belly off the ground!).
  6. Read to him twice per day.
  7. Have at least a 10 minute quiet time every day.
    • This is the most important part of my day, yet it so easily gets pushed aside for more "urgent" items. 
  8. Listen to 7 podcasts
    • I'm going through all the T4G material that I missed. Today I listened to Simon Gathercole talk about the historical trustworthiness of the Gospels, and it was good (His accent was pretty cool too... ).
  9. Read Chapter 19 of Systematic Theology before Thursday, read books for school.
    • I procrastinate too much. 
  10. [Sky-High Goal] Organize 2 closets
    • I call this goal "sky-high" so that if I don't get to it, I won't feel bad. Might as well call them all sky-high... Hush, little voice! I will succeed!
I'll update about these goals next week... probably! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment