Monday, January 7, 2013

On your First Birthday, Asher...


Dear Asher,




We celebrated your first birthday yesterday with a big party. Since you so love Piggy Back Rides and playing Giddy Up Horsey, we decided to go with a Cowboy theme. I think it suited you very nicely.


Daddy used some decorations from the feed store, and he made some also: that reclaimed pallet was a great success (I envy your dad's creativity - and pray that it passes on to you!).


Miss Grace made your birthday cake, and it was so cool, and it tasted delicious! Your outfit was fitting for the occasion (overalls and a cowboy hat) and you played your part by ringing that cowbell very loudly.



Many of our family and friends got to come together to show you some love and celebrate your life so far. One of my favorite moments was the prayer time when we prayed blessings on you.


You've grown so much over this past year, my son, and I can't believe how quickly the time has flown. I'm very proud of you. You are a happy-hearted boy, full of laughter and fun-loving. You are sensitive, and that is a wonderful quality in a young man. You are a momma's boy, and as I prayed yesterday at your party, I pray also today that, in the same way that you cling to me now, you may one day cling tightly to God, putting allegiance to him over all else. You are also stubborn, and while it irks me now, I pray that you will one day use that tenacity to stubbornly defend the Truth. 

My most important prayer for you though, Asher, is that salvation would spring up within you, that you may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory. Your dad and I pray every day that the Lord would draw you unto himself, and that you would sincerely repent of your sin at a young age and follow the Lord wholeheartedly for all of your life. 

I'm thankful to God for giving us this year with you, and I look forward to celebrating many more. I love you, baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment