Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day




Today is Father's Day, and it's Brandon's first one as a Dad! I'm so proud of the man that he is - a man who Asher (and our other future children, Lord willing) can look up to and emulate.



Brandon is a hard-working father. He works very hard at two jobs in order to provide for our family. I'm thankful for such a diligent husband.


He also has a caring heart. He is compassionate toward others, and shows it in many ways, primarily by serving others even when he doesn't feel like it, such as after a long day at work.



Brandon is passionate about the Lord and His people. He loves serving in ministry in our church, teaching the  Word and spending time with the youth.



Most of all, Brandon is a man of integrity. I am so proud of him for his honesty and trustworthiness in all that he does, especially when dishonesty would profit him (such as when he has to sign whether or not he read all of a book for class - a few times he hasn't read the entire thing and honestly admitted it, while some of his classmates compromised their integrity for a grade). His integrity is a blessing to Asher {and me} as well:

The righteous who walks in his integrity— blessed are his children after him! 
Proverbs 20:7 

Happy Father's Day, Brandon!


Also, I've been very blessed to have a wonderful father of my own:


And stepfather:


As well as Father-in-Law:


And Stepfather-in-Law:


I'm blessed to have all these men in my life, and Asher is blessed to call them "Papaw" (or "Grandpa" or whatever he ends up calling them:)

Most of all, I'm blessed to have a perfect Heavenly Father who is loving and just and who has adopted me into His family through the sacrifice of His son, Jesus. 

"As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who love Him." - Psalm 103:13

No comments:

Post a Comment